This 9-day Italy tour takes you on a journey to discover world-renowned treasures in art, architecture, and history. You'll begin in Naples - home to centuries of some of the most important art and architecture Italy has to offer.Throughout your guided tour of Southern Italy, you'll visit royal residences, as well as ancient Greek archaeological marvels, before arriving in the Mediterranean-style town of Cellino San Marco. You'll find the perfect respite from your sightseeing adventures with an overnight stay at the Salento estate of singer and winemaker Al Bano Carrisi. This peaceful countryside estate - near the Adriatic Sea - offers delicious wine from its vineyard with other delicacies, including local produce, olive oil, and homemade pasta. Stroll the grounds or lounge by the pool before embarking on discoveries in Lecce and Otranto. This Southern Italy escorted tour will introduce you to local favorites in delectable pastries and coffee, as well as truly remarkable architectural and historical structures. You'll visit a traditional Trullo in Alberobello, and you'll discover amazing ancient treasures that await you in Paestum - as you traverse from the 'heel of the boot' of Italy across to the opposite coastline to Sorrento. As the picture-perfect ending to your Southern Italy vacation, you may also choose to join an optional excursion to Positano on the spectacular Amalfi Coast.Truly a feast for the mind, body, and soul, your escorted tour of Southern Italy will satisfy your curiosity in art and history - as well as your spirit of adventure - with hidden local treasures waiting to be discovered along the way.
Call (215) 885-1888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884304
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Naples||Welcome to Naples! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Naples||Guided sightseeing this morning features the remarkable Triumphal Arch of the New Castle, St. Charles Theater, Galleria Umberto, and the semicircular Piazza Plebiscito. Highlight is a visit to the magnificent PALAZZO REALE, royal residence of the Bourbons from 1734-1860. Since 1925, it also has housed the National Library. Afternoon and evening at leisure; choose from our optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 3||Bari||Enter the Apulia region and stop at the imposing 13th-century, octagonal citadel CASTEL DEL MONTE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built by Emperor Frederick II. Enjoy a guided visit to discover its uniqueness. Arrive in Bari, where you may wish to join an optional dinner outing. (B)|
|Day 4||ELLINO SAN MARCO||During your guided sightseeing, enjoy a walk through the OLD TOWN, and [LF] taste local focaccia. Stop in attractive Ostuni, often called the 'White Town,' a charming example of Mediterranean architecture. Its Old Town is located on top of a hill and fortified by ancient walls. [LF] Stay overnight on the beautiful and peaceful Tenute Al Bano Carrisi estate, situated in the Salento countryside. Savor local produce and wine from the estate's vineyards, as well as olive oil and homemade pasta. Soak up the local atmosphere as you relax around the pool area. You may even get to greet Al Bano himself-famous for his renowned songs Felicita and Ci Sara. (B,D)|
|Day 5||CELLINO||Arrive in Lecce, the 'Florence of the South,' where you discover the lacy stone buildings and baroque squares during your guided walking tour. [LF] Taste local pasticciotto and almond coffee. Time to explore this pretty town before continuing to Otranto, at the heel of the Italian boot, surrounded by its imposing defensive walls and dominated by its cathedral. Return to Cellino San Marco. (B,D)|
|Day 6||CASTELLANA GROTTE||In Alberobello, follow your Local Guide for a visit to a TRULLO, one of the conical houses famous for their beauty and unique characteristics. The structure assures excellent indoor climate control-cool in summer and warm in winter. Continue to Castellana Grotte for your overnight stay. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Sorrento||Paestum, or Poseidonia, named in honor of the Greek god of the sea, was founded in the 6th century. During your visit of the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE with a Local Guide, see the ancient Greek temples dating back to 600-400 BC. Afternoon arrival in the charming, seaside resort of Sorrento. (B)|
|Day 8||Sorrento||After your orientation walk with your Tour Director, there is the opportunity to join an optional excursion to the Amalfi coast. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant to celebrate the success of your vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Sorrento||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Naples). (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$512Triple room reduction per person:$98Extra nights per person in Naples:in single room $242, in twin $140, in triple $106Extra nights per person in Sorrento:in single room $149-$166, in twin $100-$117, in triple $91-$105
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).