GLOBUS 2019: Italian Tapestry (LS)
9 days from Venice to Sorrento
A tapestry takes different threads and colors, and weaves them together into a beautiful design. That's what this Italy tour-Italian Tapestry-does. It weaves together Italy's most famous cities, its must-see attractions, and its marvelous scenery to create a wonderful vacation. You'll overnight on Venice Island, and in Florence, Siena, Rome, and Sorrento. You'll visit each city's well-known landmarks and attractions, such as St. Mark's Square in Venice; the Academy of Fine Arts with Michelangelo's David in Florence; the Piazza del Campo in Siena, where the Palio medieval-style horse race is held; and St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and the Colosseum in Rome, where you can imagine what it was like to partake in the deadly gladiatorial fights. Plus, Globus has worked hard behind the scenes to get you front and center at many of these sights with special VIP access. Other highlights of this Italy tour include a jetfoil ride from Sorrento to the world-famous Isle of Capri, where you'll ride the funicular to the village for a guided tour and free time to explore. In Pompeii, a guided walking tour introduces you to the excavations of the city both destroyed and preserved by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD-an amazingly detailed look into life around 2,000 years ago at the peak of the Roman Empire. All of this-plus a gondola serenade in Venice, and a balsamic vinegar tasting near Modena, and much more-come together perfectly to create an Italy vacation like no other.
Call (215) 885-1888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357685
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Venice Island||Welcome to Venice! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Venice Island||Follow your Local Guide on a walking tour and visit ST. MARK'S SQUARE with its byzantine basilica, lavish DOGES' PALACE, and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old tradition. Sit back and relax during [LF] a GONDOLA SERENADE, the best way to explore the canals. Later, you may wish to join an optional excursion to the picturesque island of Burano. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||A special treat today is a [LF] BALSAMIC VINEGAR TASTING at the renowned Acetaia Leonardi near Modena. Continue through the fertile Po area and the Apennine Mountains into Italy's most popular province, Tuscany, and arrive in Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' Tonight is your chance to join an optional dinner to try out Tuscan specialties. (B)|
|Day 4||Siena||Meet your Local Guide, and visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto's Bell Tower and the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Afterward, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. Arrive in Siena, the city where the world-famous Palio, the spectacular medieval-style horse race, is held twice a year. (B)|
|Day 5||Rome||Your guided walking tour takes you inside the historic ramparts to the PIAZZA DEL CAMPO, one of Europe's greatest medieval squares. The Palazzo Pubblico and its Torre del Mangia surround the shell-shaped piazza. Next, drive along Via Cassia, named after the antique road leading to Rome, and stop in Pienza, famous for pecorino cheese. This picturesque town has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to a member of the Piccolomini family who became Pope Pius II in the 15th century and redesigned the town in perfect renaissance style. Tonight, in the 'Eternal City,' why not join an optional dinner with local specialties at one of Rome's famous restaurants. (B)|
|Day 6||Rome||Guided sightseeing starts with a visit to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, enjoy views of other major sites as you drive to the Roman Forum to visit the ancient COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore Rome's famous sites. (B)|
|Day 7||Sorrento||Take a scenic drive southward along the Highway of the Sun. Arrive in fascinating POMPEII, the Roman city both destroyed and preserved by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Your Local Guide will walk you past patrician homes, public baths, and commercial districts that strikingly recall day-to-day life when Rome was at the apex of her power. Overnight in the charming, bayside resort of Sorrento. (B)|
|Day 8||Sorrento||Speed across the glittering bay by JETFOIL to the world-famous Isle of Capri. Ride the FUNICULAR to beautiful Capri village for a guided visit. Free time to explore the little shops on the pretty piazzetta before returning to Sorrento. The remainder of the day is at leisure, and this evening, [LF] farewell dinner with a taste of Limoncello at O' Parrucchiano restaurant celebrates your Italian vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Sorrento||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. The nearest airport is Naples. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $640-$750Triple room reduction per person: $70Extra nights per person in Venice:in single room $337-$432, in twin $207-$240, in triple $181-$209Extra nights per person in Sorrento:in single room $161-$196, in twin $118-$142, in triple $98-$129
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).