2020: The Blue Danube Discovery with 2 Nights in Budapest & 2 Nights in Prague (WBNY) - Envision
12 days Budapest to Prague
Brilliant views of Danube River destinations are waiting on your European river cruise, made even more beautiful with two nights in the Hungarian capital city of Budapest. Before embarking on your cruise through Austria and Germany, enjoy your stay in the 'Pearl of the Danube'-Budapest-with an Avalon YourWay vacation. Enjoy superior hotel accommodations with complimentary breakfast, an expert Local Guide, and courtesy hotel-to-ship transfer. You'll enjoy a guided tour of Budapest, including the iconic Heroes' Square. You'll have free time to get to know the city's cafes, shops, magnificent architecture, and thermal baths!Beautiful views, marvelous food, and the birthplace of some of the world's greatest music is in store on your Danube River cruise. Embark in Budapest to sail to Vienna-the City of Music. You'll marvel at the sights with a guided city tour of Vienna's gilded landmarks-including the Imperial Palace, the world-famous opera house, and stunning St. Stephen's Cathedral. Sail to Durnstein to walk in the steps of Richard the Lionheart. You may choose a guided hike to the castle where he was held during the Crusades, and behold the brilliant view of Austria's Wachau Valley from above. Next, the magnificent Benedictine Abbey of Melk awaits, with its frescoed ceilings, sculptures, library, and ornate pipe organ. Join us on board for a wine tasting of Wachau Valley vintages. You'll cruise to Passau, Germany, where the Danube meets the Inn and Ilz Rivers, for guided walking tour of the captivating, baroque 'City of Three Rivers.' Visit the Bavarian town of Regensburg to see medieval sights, including the Old Town Hall and the fortress entrance built in 179 AD. Later, join us for a beer tasting on board. Once docked in Roth, hear a fascinating onboard lecture of the impact of the Main-Danube, then take your pick of included excursions-a tour of Roth's medieval houses, streets, and town hall; guided sightseeing in Nuremberg, or a tour of the notorious Nuremberg Rally Grounds of the Third Reich. Your European vacation continues with two nights in the Golden City of Prague. Enjoy superior hotel accommodations with complimentary breakfast, an expert Local Guide, and courtesy ship-to-hotel transfer. Guided sightseeing includes Hradcany Castle grounds, St. Vitus Cathedral, and Old Town's Astronomical Clock. Enjoy free time as well to explore this exquisite city.
Call (215) 885-1888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14378903
- Cruise Line
- Avalon Waterways
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 12 Days
- Cruise Ship
Click for more information on this ship.
- US$ Price Details
Port charges:$182Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability). Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.Extra nights per person in Budapest:in single room from $252 to $368, in twin room from $153 to $204Extra nights per person in Prague:in single room from $211 to $333, in twin room from $132 to $333All prices per person based on double occupancy. Cruise price based on Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.To upgrade to a higher category, add per person:Category / Decks / PriceD / Indigo Deck / $199B / Sapphire Deck / $1,149A / Sapphire Deck / $1,199P / Royal Deck / $1,299Royal Suite / Royal Deck / $2,199NOTE:Special Interest Cruises: Festive November 25
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.