GLOBUS 2020/2021: Polish Escape (KCPX)
9 Day Tour from Warsaw to Warsaw
Discover remarkable culture and history on your guided tour of Poland. Escape for nine days in the affordable and less-crowded off season to explore this country rich in proud tradition. Begin in Warsaw-gateway city between East and West-for remarkable sightseeing, from the 14th-century Cathedral of St. John to remnants of the Jewish ghetto. Travel to the historic factory town of Lodz, home to the grand Poznanski Palace. In the University town of Poznan, see the baroque St. Peter and Paul Cathedral and Old Market Square before dining on regional specialties. Learn about the turbulent history of Silesia and its historical capital, Wroclaw. Admire its fine patrician houses during a guided tour and a visit to the Market Square. Stop in Opole, one of Poland's oldest cities, and continue to Czestochowa. Visit the Jasna Gora Monastery-home to the Black Madonna, venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and the country's national symbol. As you travel to Krakow, stop at the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps for a guided tour of the notorious and chilling sites of the Holocaust. The following day, join a guided walk through Krakow's historic Jewish center in the Kazimierz Quarter to enjoy its cafes, antique shops, and art galleries. Explore the Remuh Synagogue and 14th-century St. Mary's Church before returning to Warsaw to conclude your off-season travel to Poland with a farewell dinner.
Call (215) 885-1888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15080296
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Welcome to Warsaw! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Warsaw||Your Local Guide will tell you about the tormented, often tragic history of this important gateway city between East and West. See the medieval Stare Miasto (Old Quarter) with its market square and 14th-century Cathedral of St. John, the 'wedding cake' Palace of Culture and Science, neoclassical Lazienki Palace, and the remnants of the Jewish ghetto. (B)|
|Day 3||Poznan||Stop in Lodz, where an orientation shows you the Manufaktura complex, a former factory and a reminder of the city's former main industry, textile-manufacturing, the grand Poznanski Palace, and more. Continue to the university city of Poznan, where guided sightseeing features the major sites of this historic city, like the Old Market Square, the Town Hall, and the baroque ST. PETER AND PAUL CATHEDRAL. This evening, [LF] dinner with local specialties awaits at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Wroclaw||Travel south and arrive in the historical capital of Silesia, Wroclaw. Through the ages, this impressive city belonged to Bohemia, Austria, Prussia, Germany, and (after 1945) to Poland. Hear about its turbulent history during your guided tour, and admire its highlights, such as the cathedral and the MARKET SQUARE with its fine patrician houses. (B)|
|Day 5||Czestochowa||Stop in the Old Town of Opole, the historical capital of Upper Silesia, and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Then, continue to Czestochowa and prepare for a fascinating visit of JASNA GORA, the monastery near Czestochowa. Admire its BLACK MADONNA, which is venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and has become the country's national symbol. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Krakow||On the way to Krakow, visit Auschwitz and Birkenau, and see what is left of the notorious World War II CONCENTRATION CAMPS, chilling reminders of the Holocaust. (B)|
|Day 7||Krakow||In the morning, an optional excursion to the Wieliczka salt mines is available. Later, follow your Local Guide for a walk through Krakow's historic Jewish center, the KAZIMIERZ QUARTER, with its cosy art cafes, antique shops, and galleries. Also visit the REMUH SYNAGOGUE and 14th-century ST. MARY'S CHURCH with its uneven towers. (B)|
|Day 8||Warsaw||Return to Warsaw, where a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate your visit to Poland. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Warsaw||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Warsaw:in single room $102, in twin $55, in triple $71
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).