In Greek mythology, the Scylla and Charybdis were two sea monsters located in the Strait of Messina between Sicily and the Italian mainland, endangering ancient mariners and inspiring the expression 'being caught between a rock and a hard place.' Will you find yourself in such a predicament on this Undiscovered Tour of Southern Italy and Sicily? On the contrary, you'll delightfully find yourself caught between Byzantine and Roman culture, flanked by Norman and Italian influences, and in the midst of a cross-cultural wonderland. Your comparison of cobblestones, customs, and cuisine gets underway in Rome, heads down to the dramatic Sorrento Coast, and then kicks the fun from Italy's heel to its toe and all the way into the great melting pot of Sicily. From Italy's lower half to its largest island, ruins, resorts-a rich history awaits.
Call (215) 885-1888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16109941
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2022
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.(D)|
|Day 2||Sorrento Coast||CASTEL GANDOLFO [LF] Guided visit of the Papal Palace and the Barberini Gardens followed by lunch at Villa Barberini en route to the Sorrento Coast. (B,L) 193 mi / 310 km|
|Day 3||Sorrento Coast||Retrun jetfoil ride between Sorrento and Capri.CAPRI Funicular ride from the harbor to the village for guided sightseeing that includes the Augustus Gardens. Free time for lunch.SORRENTO Free time. (B)|
|Day 4||Sorrento Coast||POMPEII Guided walking tour of the excavations. Free time for lunch.NAPLES Guided sightseeing includes an orientation drive on the panoramic road to Posillipo, a stop in Piazza Plebiscito, and [LF] a slice of Neapolitan pizza. (B,D)68 mi / 110 km|
|Day 5||Bari||Free morning before departing for Bari. (B) 186 mi / 300 km|
|Day 6||ALBEROBELLO AREA||BARI Guided sightseeing includes a walking tour of Bari Vecchia, the city's oldest district, and San Nicola's Church.LECCE Walking tour with a local guide includes the Duomo and Santa Croce Basilica.[LF] Taste traditional pasticciotto (filled Italian pastry) with almond-flavored iced coffee. (B,D)186 mi / 300 km|
|Day 7||ALBEROBELLO AREA||ALBEROBELLO Guided walking tour includes a visit to a Trullo (traditional conical-roof house). Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 8||Reggio Calabria||MATERA Orientation walk with panoramic view of the picturesque sassi (cave houses).Scenic drive along the Gulf of Taranto to Pizzo Calabro.PIZZO CALABRO [LF] Traditional tartufo (Italian ice cream dessert) tasting.REGGIO CALABRIA Guided visit of the museum that houses the Bronzi di Riace (famous bronze warrior sculptures). (B,D) 280 mi / 450 km|
|Day 9||Taormina Riviera||STRAIT OF MESSINA Ferry crossing to Sicily.TAORMINA RIVIERA Visit the ancient Greek Theater. Free time to explore. (B) 81 mi / 130 km|
|Day 10-11||Taormina Riviera||TAORMINA RIVIERA Free days. On day 10, included dinner at a local restaurant with breathtaking sea views. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Taormina Riviera with an excursion to Syracuse and Ortigia. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 12||Palermo||AGRIGENTO Guided walking tour of the Valley of Temples en route to Palermo. (B) 280 mi / 450 km|
|Day 13||Palermo||PALERMO Guided sightseeing includes the Church of Immacolata and a visit to the cathedral. Scenic drive to Monreale for a panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro and a visit to the Norman Cathedral. [LF] Aperitif (pre-dinner cocktail) at Princess Alliata's palace followed by a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Palermo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).